Thursday, April 9, 2015

Roots and Wings

Growing up I have watched my mother always put herself on the back burner. She is a woman of pure talent. Someone that God created to show what a natural someone could be. Even with her God-given talents she decided to choose the way of life that most benefitted her family. This put her dreams and aspirations on hold in order to fulfill the dreams of her children. With her dreams it gave me the roots I needed to build a strong foundation to become all that I could be. The hope and faith she instills in me gives me the wings I need to make my dreams take flight. You always hear up-and-coming celebrities deceivingly send praise to their mother and God for their rise to success, but thanks to my mom I will honestly be able to send my praises to her and God without crossing my fingers behind my back. I will never be able to express my appreciation towards the ground work my mother has laid out for me. With my anticipated success I hope I will be able to give her everything she wants and deserves. Not many people can put themselves aside for someone else, but I'm proud to call one of the few that can my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment