Friday, September 18, 2015

Hammock Views

There is only one way to look at this world. Negativity, pressure, anxiety, violence, disaster, all incase around us and press down more and more each day. you get to this point where you don't know how much you can take. you look around for a way out. just some little bit of light. Just when you think that its completely incased you, you cant breath you almost cant move and then there it is, the light, the only way to break free. your finger just makes it out and finally you feel the warmth all over you, releasing you from the darkness. For me, that light came through when I let it all go, I let it go to the wind. I found myself in a place where I felt the closest to God. I found myself where I could feel the Atlantic trade winds wisp through my hair. I came to a place where the salt water met the land an I never looked back.

As I sway here in this cliché hammock over the water, between two palms,  I see nothing but good in this world. The sights that see from where I lay are too miraculous to see anything else. The evenings bring a mix of colors that brightly lighten the sky and calms the soul. As midnight takes it shift, the dark sky shoos the hues away and lets God place the stars in His exact alignment. Finally as the moon breaks the seal on the horizon  and comes into its full glory I feel this sense of well being and self worth. I don't think that I could ever see the world from a different view.

No comments:

Post a Comment