Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dear Life, I Shoot Whiskey Not Lemonade

We are always told, " When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." 

I know life is not easy, I know it probably never will be. But I'm not asking for easy, or fair for that matter, I'm asking for life to stop kicking me while I'm down. Heck I'm not asking anymore, I'm demanding. I am so sick and tired of one bad thing after the next being thrown in my face and shoved down my throat. Yes I am thankful for all the things that I have and I know that there are people who are suffering more than me, but that doesn't mean that what I have to watch myself and my family endure doesn't matter. 

Why do I have to accept the lemons and try to make something of them? I won't accept mediocre anymore. So Life I'm telling you take your lemons back and make your own darn lemonade. From here on out I won't sit back sipping on lemonade, I'm going to take a shot of whiskey and let it burn the whole way down, taking my life back into my own hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment