Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hunting for Women

In my opinion hunting among women of all ages has become increasingly popular, but why are we still looked down upon for hunting. I am almost twenty and have been hunting for almost fifteen years and yet even though I have been an avid hunter for such a long time, I still feel as if people look down on me for doing so. Let me tell you something, I do not hunt because it is a trend, I do not hunt because it turns guys on, I do not hunt because my boyfriend wants me to. I hunt because I WANT to. I enjoy it, plain and simple. I understand that you don't like hunting, that's fine, but don't look down on me because I do, and especially don't look down on me because I am a woman that does. I have never pushed hunting upon other women and I don't expect you to push your opinions on me. The thing that gets me the most is when women look down upon other women for hunting. As women we fought for our right to be treated as equal as men and yet we turn around and ridicule other women for hunting, which is allegedly a man's world. We have bigger things to worry about. As a woman hunter I will never apologize for hunting, I am proud of my accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment