Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Salt Water

There always seems to be a certain way for people to deal with their problems. I know that I have my own regimen for the hardships that life throws my way. When I'm frustrated with what the world has thrown at me I tend to run or induce myself in some other sort of strenuous exercise that let's off the steam that has built up inside. Then there is the dreaded way of dealing with my emotions and that is crying. I do not enjoy the act of crying but I know that in some way it can just make things better. I push myself each and everyday and I know how hard I am on myself. I let pain and misery well up inside until the pot boils over and the tea kettle explodes. So finally as I let down and allow the tears to overflow, things just seem to lessen. But the most important way that I deal with things is the ocean. There is just nothing like it in the whole world. I feel as if I come to a place where I'm as close to God as I can get. It is where my soul feels most at peace. The sea allows the storm to take full wrath on my body and then all at once take it away as if nothing ever happened. Island and coastal life are what feels to be the only way of life, my way of life. It will forever be the only place where I feel the mostly settled and completely alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment