Monday, July 6, 2015

I See You Everywhere

You're here. You're still here. I see your smile and I can hear your laugh. As I walk the desolate beach, just as the sun gives light to the sand, your foot prints begin to appear. The sight of you walking the waters edge, looking for a perfect shell to bestow upon me, is etched into this beach. The pride, that washed your face when you made your first salt water catch, still resignates with the suns rays. The moment you finally caught the perfect swell still captures the tides. The island breeze mimics your warm touch as it wisps the hair from my face. I stay here just to be with you in spirit. I see you along the sidewalks and among the tourists in the shops. I know you do not reside with me on earth any longer, but I can still feel you here. I can still feel your skin pressed against mine as the storm raged on and on. I can see your breath in the morning air just as clear as the day we woke in the sand. I feel your eyes on me and as I turn your smile begins to disappear with the trade winds. Some nights I feel your body next to mine and I wake in the morning with the imprint of you next to me. I tried to go back to the place we called home and yet I couldn't help but want to be back here. When I was at the home we established I never seen even a trace of you. I always knew you wanted me to live the life I have always wanted. You always wanted me to become coastal. Now since you have brought me here I see you everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment