Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lost and Found

At one point in my life I lost myself. I lost who I was, who I thought I could be, I lost it all. I was young, twelve years old, when I finally broke. My whole life I went through hell. I told myself I was fine, I told myself everything was alright. I lied, I lied to myself and everyone around me, because it was the only way to be happy. It was the only way that things didn't effect me. The point in time when I finally realized that I just couldn't handle one more thing thrown at me, I was letting the salt air of the Atlantic incase me. I came to a place of pure serenity while strolling the sandy shore. All in one movement the ocean had lifted all burdens that weighed my shoulders and buried them deep in the sand. The island life released what I had bottled up and let the true me shine through. As the week went on I painfully reminisced on my life, but more importantly I found who I was supposed to be. I found the person I hid, the person I was afraid to let out.  I found courage and strength in the waves. I found simplicity and serenity in the salty breeze. I finally found myself along that coast and as I physically left a majority of myself was left there. Each and every day I think about the person who I became there. All at the same time I was lost and found.

No comments:

Post a Comment