Tuesday, June 16, 2015

What I See

I see the locals casting, dropping the same line they have for the past thirty years. I see a young kid trying to make his way in this sandy town. I see a sunset that would make God himself take a moment to stare. I see the time slowly fade and the temperature drop with it. I see inspiration and oppurtunity around every corner. I see beauty that comes from the natural foliage and landscapes. I see a place where only certain people can feel the same as I do. I see love blossom with every romantic scene. I see tourists find the new life they have always dreamed of. I see the battered and broken become whole once again. I see the light breeze tickle the ends of the palm trees, making them sway rythmically. I see the beach side beacons beckoning lost ships into the sanctity of the shores. I see the wildlife come alive both in the light and the dark. I see boats from all shapes and sizes. I see where I am supposed to be. I see myself in this rock. I see that I am a part of it, as it is of me. I see around every corner, a reason as to why I shall forever reside here. I see where I belong. I see where my soul feels most at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment